Whether it is gardening, walking or cleaning, regular exercise improves seniors’ well-being. Fitness is not something we should retire from because we reach a certain age. Endurance, muscle strength and flexibility matter throughout our lives.
There are many testimonies that seniors who stay active:
- Have more energy and endurance
- Improve flexibility and balance, which lowers the risk of fall
- Prevent heart disease, diabetes and other serious health problems
- Decrease back and joint pain
- Better circulation
- Reduce their chances for depression
- Remain independent longer because they maintain strength and mobility
- Gains positive attitude
- Improve sleeping habit.
- Helps to socialize and meet new people.
Motivate yourself to try all different kinds of exercises and movement. Aerobic, flexibility exercises, strength training and relaxation techniques are the general exercise we encourage to try. Combining these four components helps seniors maximize health benefits and keep their routine interesting. Exercise Slowly and safely!